Coordinator, Settlement Services, Settlement & Engagement Place
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a dynamic and dedicated individual to join our team in the role of Coordinator, Settlement Services at our new Settlement & Engagement Place. This hub will provide a place for newcomers to meet, connect and build skills by combining a self-directed service approach with individual case-based settlement services.
If you want to apply your skills, experience, and talents to an organization that is making a difference in the lives of newcomers then this is the opportunity for you!
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
What you will be doing:
• Support program operations, build new initiatives, research opportunities for community collaboration and encourage creativity in team to strengthen program delivery and innovation
• Participate in team planning and support the implementation of annual program plans, outreach and promotion
• Assist with the daily operations of the location
• Ensure timely and accurate record keeping in ICARE Review, troubleshoot and edit ICARE uploads
• Assist with the implementation of evaluation measures on program effectiveness and recommend program improvement and refinement
• Assist with monitoring day-to-day program budget, expenditures and purchases
• Coach, support and supervise program volunteers and student placements
What are we looking for?
• Post-secondary degree in human services, social work or project management
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a non-profit setting
• Excellent knowledge of cultural, economic and social needs of immigrant families, especially youth, including their settlement and integration issues, as well as resources and services available to assist them
• A valid Social Insurance Number and legally entitled to work in Canada under relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
• Successful completion of a background check and/or vulnerable sector check upon hire
We strongly encourage all those who are interested to apply, even if they do not meet every requirement!
Salary: $31.01- $32.71 per hour based on experience + benefits
Location: in person, Brampton
Work Hours: 35 hours/week. Must be available to work evening and weekend shifts.
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code P367.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.