ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
ACCES is looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with experience in delivering employment services and programs in an online setting and an interest in developing new and innovative ways to serve jobseekers online. Reporting to Aimee Holmes, the Director of Online Services, this position will play a key role in ensuring the ongoing success of an AI-based virtual client service tool in ACCES’ service delivery process. This is a non-union position.
- Triage inquiries from VERA (Virtual Employment and Resource Attendant) to programs/departments
- Support programs to attend to client inquiries from VERA through notifications and training; flag trends; contribute to ongoing collection of relevant VERA data
- Conduct monthly review of VERA responses to user inquiries and remediate the learning model to improve future performance
- Take the lead on providing training to staff on several platforms and tools that are used in service delivery
- Develop training guides and videos to supplement in-person training
- Organize and source speakers for the monthly webinar series (6-8 webinars/month)
- Oversee the coordination and scheduling of regularly scheduled online workshops for jobseekers and Virtual Talk English Café sessions
- Provide technical support for virtual events
- Research and review digital tools to meet the organization’s changing needs
- Develop and implement new ideas and processes for continuous improvement of digital services
- Work closely with various teams to ensure quality assurance and service excellence
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities, supervising staff on evening shift rotation, and support of other managers/activities as required
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- A university/college degree in a relevant field, such as employment or social services, education, HR or technology
- Experience using Salesforce, Zoom, Brazen, SparkHire and other online collaboration platforms; experience with AI, chatbots and/or virtual assistants would be considered a strong asset
- Strong ability to learn how to use and troubleshoot new online tools
- Experience with change-management, user adoption and training
- Demonstrated ability to document and map processes
- Takes initiative to identify solutions to challenges
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained individuals
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity and ability to engage various teams and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills to work effectively with co- workers, employer partners, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse environment is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations, as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Location: Flexible to our 7 Locations
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.