Established in 1972, TESL Ontario is a non-profit organization serving the needs of teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English Literacy Development (ELD). In its commitment to professional development and advocacy, TESL Ontario addresses the range of competencies, experiences, and issues which influence the success of immigrants, refugees, visa students, and others who are learning English. There are 12 Affiliates throughout Ontario and approximately 4500 TESL Ontario members. Please visit the “About Us” section on our website www.teslontario.org for more information about our organization and TESL Ontario’s accreditation process.
The Coordinator, Member Services and Education is responsible for providing customer service to TESL Ontario’s 4500 members, and assists with the development and promotion of TESL Ontario professional development and social media activities.
• Responsible for effective and timely handling of all membership enquiries.
• Responsible for writing and distribution of membership communications including renewal, new member, and lapsed member campaigns.
• Identifies and proposes opportunities for new member savings and benefits programs on an ongoing basis.
• Develops and deploys member exit and new member satisfaction surveys, including analyzing data for notable trends.
• Coordinates TESL Ontario recognition awards programs including; judge recruitment, online scoring system development, promotional materials and member communications, awards guidelines and procedures.
• Assists with maintenance and updating of webpages associated with responsibilities of the Coordinator, Member Services and Education role at TESL Ontario including Membership, Career Development, Volunteers, Professional Development and Awards sections of TESL Ontario's website.
• Assists with development of TESL Ontario’s social media to promote the TESL Ontario brand and raise the profile of the TESL profession with assistance from volunteers of the Social Content Committee. Serves on social content committee.
• Assists with the design and delivery of member communications for the promotion of association events and education products.
• Oversees membership renewal and new member data entry in database, and assisting with data entry during busy times as needed.
Education and Professional Development
• Assists with coordination of the TESL Ontario webinar series by working with a volunteer webinar team, including development of bi-monthly webinars, recruitment and training of presenters, moderators and webinar team volunteers.
• Assists with coordination of the TESL Ontario blog by working with a volunteer blog team, including development of weekly blog posts, recruitment and training of blog writers and blog team volunteers.
• Assists with coordination of other volunteer teams as required (TESL Exchange, TESL Dialogue, YouTube team, and video editing team. Including recruitment and training of new team members, and assisting volunteers to carry out the mandate of their teams.
• Assists with other professional development activities and events as needed.
• Serves on the Conference Committee and assists with the annual conference.
• Coordinate social media recognition and member engagement to celebrate Education week and Volunteer week.
• Assists with the management of volunteer teams Including, webinar, TESL blog, TESL Dialogue, YouTube, TESL Exchange, and video editing teams.
• Maintains effective communications with affiliate chapter membership secretaries, including preparation of relevant monthly reports.
• Coordinates TESL Ontario volunteer relations including planning national volunteer week celebrations, and annual volunteer appreciation event.
• College Diploma/ University Degree in a relevant field
• 2-5 years experience in non-profit member services
• 2-5 years membership database experience
• Excellent knowledge of social media best practices for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
• Event planning and/or webinar development experience an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Collaborative team member who thrives on taking initiative
• Highly resourceful, outside the box thinker
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of online graphic design tools such as Canva or Photoshop an asset
• Knowledge of minor website editing an asset
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The application deadline is February 19, 2021.
Thank you to all those applying; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.