ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
ACCES is looking for a skilled and career-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The Coordinator will join the Entrepreneurship Connections® Pre-arrival (ECP) team. The ECP program is designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. This innovative and informative program assists newcomers who have owned or operated a business outside of Canada to utilize their experience in the Canadian market. Our clients receive individual online coaching to start a business including developing a business plan, receiving legal consultation, and benefiting from the support of an established mentor.
This position is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with program management, business development, and marketing skills in a very dynamic, not-for-profit organization. Reporting to the Project Manager, Entrepreneurship Connections® at ACCES Toronto, this position provides an important support role to the team working with the Entrepreneurship Connections® program to achieve and exceed targets and outcomes in the program. This is a non-unionized position.
- Develop processes and practices to ensure successful delivery and completion of program components, including online business advisory/coaching and targeted referrals
- Schedule webinars and content, in collaboration with program staff
- Enhance the curriculum and webinars as per client and staff feedback
- Collect, prepare and maintain data for reporting purposes
- Coordinate and support all regularly scheduled, and ad hoc, file and program audits
- Coordinate the work of sub-contractors (i.e., scheduling, payment, providing feedback)
- Develop relationships with external organizations to enhance the program, meet client needs and expand referral networks
- Make recommendations regarding strategies and activities that improve program administration efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies to help ensure program targets are met and/or exceeded
- In cooperation with the Director and Manager of Entrepreneurship Connections®, provide supervision of program staff
- Assist with HR activities including recruitment, verifying time sheets, scheduling staff vacation, planning staff professional development, conducting onboarding and training
- Provide input in the staff performance review process
- Supervision of staff assisting with Entrepreneurship events
- Other duties as assigned including support of site functions/activities and staff supervision as required
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Over 3 years’ related work experience
- Strong knowledge of small business development and entrepreneurship, including an understanding of market trends and resources for small business, particularly as they relate to newcomers
- Experience with working in an online service delivery environment, including delivery of services, training and/or programs
- Experience with learning management systems and other online tools
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and with clients, employers, community partners and service providers
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time-sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting its confidential and sensitive nature
- Experience with and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment; experience with client information databases; and proficient in computer applications to manage schedules, statistics, and client tracking etc
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector and working with a diverse community is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES and stakeholders’ locations as needed
- Fluency in a second language (French / Arabic) will be considered a strong asset
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter indicating in the subject line the position of interest. Address the application to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received and candidates may be contacted for interviews.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.