Coordinator, Corporate Engagement & DEI Programs
6 Month Contract
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 39,000 job seekers are served annually at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Engagement & DEI Programs at ACCES Toronto, the position of Coordinator, Corporate Engagement & DEI Programs is responsible for assisting with the coordination, planning, and implementation of events, reporting and programming relating to employers for the Diversity in Canadian Workplaces Project and Corporate Engagement initiatives. Travel may be required across ACCES and employer sites. This is a non-union position.
• Coordinate the ongoing maintenance and fostering of relationships with key stakeholders, partners, employers and sponsors
• Lead on the coordination and facilitation of specific Corporate Engagement program events including Speed Mentoring®, Guest Speaker, Job Fairs, Hiring Events and more based on sponsor deliverables and partner requirements & inquiries
• Manage tracking of deliverables, reporting and invoicing; align materials and content for entry into Salesforce
• Assist with coordination, preparation, collection and maintenance of regular reports, schedules, statistics, and minutes as required
• Take a lead on coordinating materials, logistics for roll-out, measuring results and planning for future deliveries of all fee-for-service training opportunities including coordinating contracts and invoices
• Coordinate activities related to the Diversity in Canadian Workplaces project including: roundtables, surveys, focus groups, training and the distribution of publications and materials to key stakeholders.
• Assist with marketing, promotion and community outreach as well as employer outreach
• Other duties as assigned including support of site activities and staff supervision as required
• Flexible hours to work after-hours events and attend other ACCES and employer sites
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
• Post-secondary education with over 3 years’ related work experience
• Experience working with employers/corporate stakeholders, with a particular focus on event coordination and management
• Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse environment
• Comfortable working in an online environment including the use of online webinar and
conferencing tools, online survey and other communication tools and platforms
• Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
• Experience in networking and relationship building with sound knowledge of the Canadian business/corporate sector
• Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and with clients, employers, community partners and service providers
• Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities, while meeting competing deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organization, planning and problem solving skills; must be proactive with a sense of urgency
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting proprietary and/or confidential information related to business activities
• Ability to travel between ACCES locations, to business partners, corporate sponsors, community partners, special events as required
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and rarely but possibly, weekends as required
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a cover letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: email@example.com
Candidates should state the position of interest (including location) in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
COVID-19 Response Plan:
ACCES actively monitors and responds to the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic in Ontario. We assess any new provincial and public health directions, and adjust our services as necessary. Currently, ACCES is exercising caution to protect our community members by suspending the delivery of our in-person services, and continuing to deliver all of our programs and services virtually and over the phone. To learn more about our comprehensive COVID-19 Response Plan click here: https://accesemployment.ca/images/policies/ACCES_Employment_Covid-19_Res...