ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
ACCES is looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The Coordinator, Construction Trades Program, reporting to Senior Manager, Construction Trades Program, plays an integral role in coordinating project components, tracking and reporting for a pilot project that will add to the service offerings within the Construction Trades Program. This position provides support to the site team, and liaises with the Senior Manager to help them achieve and/or exceed all program targets and outcomes. This is a non-unionized position.
- Support the Senior Manager in the delivery of the Construction Trades Program, specifically the pilot project, according to the contract guidelines and terms to deliver all training components and meet contracted outcomes
- In consultation with the Senior Manager, provides supervision, direction and support to team members in the areas of outreach, case-management, documentation standards and compliance
- Work closely with the Senior Manager and partner organizations to ensure appropriate coordination of project components
- Prepare reports and track client participation and outcomes data into internal and external databases and ensure files adhere to proper documentation
- Reports on program activities and makes recommendations to the Senior Manager regarding strategies and activities to improve program administration efficiency and effectiveness; supports implementation of recommended strategies to help ensure program targets are met and/or exceeded
- Responsible for scheduling of supporting staff and program activities, including training cohorts and recruitment events in coordination with the Corporate Engagement team
- Support the planning and delivery of employer events
- Support program activities at various designated delivery sites
- Liaise with partner organizations to coordinate joint events and activities
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities, evening supervisor shift rotation and support of other managers/activities, as required
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Post-Secondary Degree or diploma in a related field
- At least three years of related work experience
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse environment, interacting with clients, employers, community partners and service providers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience
- Ability to analyse and assess training and development needs
- Proficient in data management
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector and working with a diverse community is an asset
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Experience and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Ability to travel between all ACCES Employment locations, project delivery locations, partner and employer organizations, across the GTA, as needed
- Experience working with refugees and professional fluency in Arabic or a second language will be considered an asset
Contract Duration: One year contract with possibility of extension
Location: North York
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume and cover letter indicating on the subject line the position of interest to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.