COSTI REQUIRES A CELPIP INSTRUCTOR FOR ITS LANGUAGE AND SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES, AT ITS TORONTO AND PEEL REGION LOCATIONS
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The CELPIP (General LS) Test Preparation course is a 20-hour (4 week) course to help clients in their application for Canadian citizenship. The course will be delivered online during the pandemic and on-site when it is safe to do so.
This is a part time non-union contract position scheduled to work 20 hours per cycle for 11 cycles.
All courses are fee based and pending client enrollment.
• Design, implement and instruct a 20-hour CELPIP Test Preparation course (General LS).
• Conduct a needs assessment at the beginning of the program.
• Design and plan lessons based on learners needs and skill level and in support of overall learner goals.
• Prepare course materials and handouts for learners.
• Monitor and maintain attendance records, participants’ progress reports and other documentation as required.
• Create a non-threatening and positive learning environment by acknowledging and respecting the students' existing skills and life experiences.
• Provide feedback to program manager and team members for program coordination and adjustment.
• TESL Ontario Certification.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching ESL or LINC at the higher levels.
• Knowledge of and experience using the Canadian Language Benchmarks and the LINC curriculum guidelines or the Curriculum Guidelines for the Ontario Adult Non-Credit Language Training Program.
• Completion of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) Training is an asset.
• CELPIP Trainer Certification is an asset.
• Able to deliver instruction through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
• Able to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill level of individual learners.
• Proficiency in use of online teaching platforms such as Zoom, Highfive and Moodle.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
Note: The successful incumbent must complete online CELPIP training within 2 weeks if they do not have the CELPIP Trainer Certification.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, by clicking on the below link.