COSTI REQUIRES A COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR – INTRODUCTION TO CODING FOR ITS LANGUAGE AND SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES, NORTH YORK.
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, visit www.costi.org.
Program for Women, funded by the United Way Women’s Services Fund, provides a foundational training for female clients interested in the web design & development field. The course is 25 hours instructions and is delivered online.
This is a part time non-union contract position scheduled to work 30 hrs per cycle (25 hours online instruction and 5 hours assignment review) for a total of 10 cycles.
• Implement and instruct a (25 hour), modular coding course for beginner students.
• Conduct a needs assessment at the beginning of the program.
• Design and plan lessons based on the approved Coding Course outline. Conduct evaluation feedback surveys for curriculum and delivery and make recommendations for change.
• Prepare course materials and handouts for learners.
• Monitor and document learner’s participation and progress.
• Provide assignment feedback throughout and at the end of the course.
• A minimum of (1) one-year experience providing adult instructions of computer programing languages.
• Adult education or other teaching certification an asset.
• Able to deliver instruction through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
• Able to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill level of individual learners.
• Proficiency in use of online teaching platforms such as Zoom, Highfive and Moodle.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, by clicking on the below link.