The Coding Program for Women provides a foundational training for female clients interested in the web development and design field. The 25-hour online (or onsite) course provides clients with the theory and practical skills necessary for job placements or future development in this career field. The program is funded by the United Way Women’s Services fund.
This is a part time non-Union contract position scheduled to work 10 hours per week (remotely)
(Tues, Thurs from 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm, and Sat from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm)
• Design, implement and instruct a 25-hour modular Coding Course for beginner students.
• Deliver lessons online.
• Conduct a needs assessment at the beginning of the program.
• Design and plan lessons based on the approved Coding Course outline.
• Conduct evaluation feedback surveys for curriculum and delivery and make recommendations for change.
• Prepare course materials and handouts for learners.
• Monitor and document learners’ participation and progress.
• Report to the program manager, provide updates, share issues or concerns.
• Provide feedback throughout and mark final assignment submissions.
• A minimum of (1) one-year experience providing adult instructions of computer programing
• Knowledge of programming languages such as HTML 5, CSS3 and Java script.
• Adult education or other teaching certification an asset.
• Able to deliver instruction through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises using online platform (video conferencing).
• Able to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill level of individual learners.
• Proficiency in use of online teaching platforms such as Zoom, Teams and Moodle.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATION: 1700 Wilson Ave., Toronto,
DURATION: July 23 – Aug 27, 2022
Sept 17 – Oct 22, 2022
Nov 5 - Dec 10, 2022
Jan 14 – Feb 18, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $30.60 per hour
POSTING DATE: June 21, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2022
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, quoting reference # 140-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=140-22
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.