The Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture (CCVT) is looking for an experienced post-secondary student to work collaboratively as part of our Community Engagement team. Using creativity and flexibility you will proactively look for new ideas and solutions. You can help inspire change by using your skills to influence the future of our Community Engagement, Marketing and Communications efforts.
- Assists in the delivery of public education presentations on CCVT programs and activities
- Assists in the performance of website updates
- Updates Social Media content
- Assists in the volunteer recruitment and screening process and maintains and updates documentation on volunteer files
- Assists in the implementation and update of the Volunteer Database
- Assists in preparing and evaluating community engagement reports
- Attends volunteer fairs/ community festivals
- Outreaches to communities to promote volunteer opportunities and CCVT programs (high school, universities, community centres, etc.) Assists in organizing volunteer orientation sessions, and special events
- Education in Social Services, Psychology, Nursing or related field
- Experience and demonstrated skills in developing social media
- Knowledge of e-mail marketing platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and work with competing deadlines
- Bilingualism would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) and Strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated individual with a collaborative approach to work
This is a summer student position from July 15 to September 6, 2019.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter by July 12, 2019 to:
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in CCVT, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.