Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project
The Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project (HuLRT) will transform the way people in Brampton and Mississauga live, work, and move. Rapid transit covering 18 km in a dedicated right-of-way, with 18 at-grade stops and one underground station means a greener future and more choices for transit riders, drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Community Connector to engage with the public to have their voices heard. Designed for proactive public engagement, the Canvass gives residents and businesses directly impacted by construction the opportunity to raise any questions and concerns they may have about the project. Not only will the program aim to benefit the most impacted areas of the LRT, but it will find ways to proactively mitigate potential challenges as we move forward with construction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend 1-week paid training session to obtain knowledge of the LRT route and plan, the technology used to document one-on-one interactions and the interpersonal skills and sensitivity required to engage with a diverse demographic of residents and business owners along the LRT corridors
- Visit business and residential properties to educate and gather feedback
- Distribute project collateral including a regularly updated project brochure, ‘sorry we missed you’ cards and information
- Collect contact information and responses to surveys to help inform decisions and learn more about stakeholder needs and business operations as the HuLRT project progresses through the major construction phase
- Organize information sessions in public areas, lobbies and community rooms
- Meet quotas/targets set out in project goals
- High school diploma or GED.
- A resident of Brampton or Mississauga
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills
- Able to work without supervision and exercise good judgement
- Able to travel extensively throughout Brampton/Mississauga
- Able to work outdoors and to walk and stand for long periods
- Able to commit to work for the full 9 weeks, (1 week paid in class training and 8 weeks of canvassing)
- Able to work full time (Monday to Friday from 8:30 pm to 4:30 pm most or all days)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and possess a valid SIN (Social Insurance Number)
- Must be able to provide banking information in order to receive payment
How to apply:
Please apply through out website at www.achev.ca - About US - Careers
Achev embraces inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation at any stage in the process, please notify the Hiring Manager. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the Hiring Manager. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for recruitment purposes only.