The Coordinator will take the lead on communications with The Canadian Refugee Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAH) Association.
**This position is subject to funding**
Location: Currently remote (work from home). Future location to be confirmed. The SAH Association is a national organization (excluding Quebec). We welcome applications from applicants across Canada.
Employer: The Canadian Refugee Sponsorship Agreement Holders Association (SAH Association)
Starting Date: 2021/04/01
Duration of Contract: Until March 31, 2022 with the possibility of extension
Remuneration: $35/hour (35 – 37.5 hours/week). Benefits will be provided after a successful 3-month probationary period.
- Bringing the collective voice and experience of the SAH Association to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC);
- Disseminating information to the SAH Association; and
- Designing solutions with the SAH Council and IRCC to address policy and operational challenges in the PSR program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Develop an equitable and inclusive communications and outreach strategy for a diverse membership;
▪ Regularly gather the input and feedback of SAH representatives on issues related to the PSR program;
▪ Develop, implement and evaluate processes to collect the majority voice of the SAH Association (including an annual prioritization of issues process);
▪ Write the first draft of reports, update letters/emails, press releases, and other written communications;
▪ Lead webinars and meetings with the SAH Association (including developing resources/presentations, and facilitating/presenting);
▪ Lead the organizing of an annual national conference for SAH representatives (SAH-only Conference);
▪ Prepare for and participate in NGO-Government Committee meetings (with the SAH Council, IRCC and the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program, RSTP);
▪ Update current SAH Association website and internal webpage;
▪ Manage and maintain website and internal webpage (including uploading documents and changing news feed multiple times a week);
▪ Work closely with a website developer when needed;
▪ Create surveys for the SAH Association, analyze survey results, and present results;
▪ Lead or participate in designated SAH Council committees (including agenda-setting, scheduling meetings, facilitating meetings, etc.);
▪ Regularly liaise with SAH representatives, IRCC staff, and other stakeholders over email, telephone, and in-person (when possible);
▪ Represent the SAH Association in meetings with external stakeholders, including the UNHCR and IOM;
▪ Act as the key contact person for SAH questions and concerns;
▪ Track SAH questions and concerns, identify trends, and present/report to Senior Program Manager and Council regularly;
▪ Assist with the SAH Association’s strategic planning and strategic goal implementation;
▪ Assist with monitoring and evaluation of projects and the overall evaluation of the SAH Navigation Unit’s activities;
▪ Develop a media strategy (with Senior Program Manager);
▪ Monitor PSR program media coverage and share with SAH Council/SAH Navigation Unit/SAH Association as appropriate;
▪ Manage the SAH Association’s social media accounts;
▪ Provide administrative support upon request and as required;
▪ Conduct other activities as assigned.
▪ Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, the Private Sponsorship of Refugees program;
▪ Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a clear, concise and accessible manner;
▪ Demonstrated experience conducting primary and secondary research, and analyzing and interpreting data (qualitative and quantitative) to produce high-level reports and communications for a wide range of stakeholders within short deadlines;
▪ Experience in analyzing and synthesizing information from different sources, and identifying key themes and issues;
▪ Demonstrated and significant facilitation experience (e.g., committees, focus groups, webinars, meetings);
▪ Demonstrated experience and comfort with public speaking;
▪ Demonstrated experience in survey development and analysis;
▪ Experience in conference planning;
▪ Demonstrated and significant experience liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, ideally including government employees (public servants);
▪ Demonstrated experience leading or implementing projects from start to finish;
▪ Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines;
▪ Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision;
▪ Experience participating in a strategic planning process is an asset;
▪ A high level of comfort with and knowledge of various technological platforms is required for this position. Specifically, the successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- working with WordPress;
- running large meetings on Zoom (including breakout rooms, providing tech support to participants, etc.);
- sharing and editing documents via Google Drive;
- creating/using Excel spreadsheets (for qualitative data);
- creating surveys in SurveyMonkey;
- learning new tech platforms or tools.
▪ alignment with the SAH Association’s values and ethical standards (including integrity, dignity and respect);
▪ understanding of systems of oppression and a commitment to equity, inclusion, accessibility and principles of anti-oppression;
▪ refugee-centred approach to their work;
▪ solid organizational abilities, especially the ability to organize a large amount of information and present it clearly and concisely;
▪ ability to think strategically;
▪ strong problem-solving skills;
▪ high level of tact;
▪ cultural sensitivity and competency;
▪ flexibility/openness to change;
▪ willingness and ability to take initiative.
A current, clear criminal record check, including vulnerable populations check, is required for this position.
- The SAH Association is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to upholding principles of anti-oppression, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Persons with lived experience as refugees or migrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This is a limited-term position until March 31, 2022. Continuation is dependent on funding and performance.
- Some travel in Canada is required (when it is possible to do so).
- Occasional work outside of regular office hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are required to send their cover letter and resume in one PDF document to Nadine Nasir, Senior Program Manager at: email@example.com, quoting “Communications & Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Hiring Committee will not be accepting any calls or email inquiries regarding this job posting.