For the past 64 years, Findhelp/211 Central (www.findhelp.ca) has been a trusted hub of community information. Each year we connect over 300,000 callers and 2 million web users to more than 60,000 services and supports in Ontario and beyond. Findhelp/211 Central not only connects people to the services that they need but also provides vital trend information for community planning and public benefit. Our dynamic team strives for excellence in all that we do, creating connections and solutions to build strong communities. We prioritize organizational health, a learning culture and opportunities for growth and professional development.
The summer student position is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in a career in communications, human resources and/or research in the not-for profit sector, especially those interested in social service navigation for vulnerable communities. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude aligned with the qualifications required and the goals of our organization, we would like to hear from you.
- Provide administrative support to Management team
- Assist with compilation of accreditation information
- Assist with research, write and revise policies and administrative documentation
- Outreach to targeted communities and stakeholders
- Attend events and represent the organization with partners and stakeholders
- Assist with Wellness and Health and Safety initiatives
- Coordinate training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Demonstrated organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
- Understanding of and interest in the non-profit sector
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Ability to respond pro-actively and positively in solving problems
This is a full time position consisting of 35 hours per week.
Hourly salary rate of $15.00
Tentative Start Date: June 10, 2019
As this role is being funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program the following are eligibility requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Have been registered on a full-time basis in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act., and
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
How to Apply:
Please provide cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 20, 2019 to:
HR and Administration Manager
Findhelp Information Services is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. Findhelp actively encourage applicants from all equity seeking groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants for applying; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.