Contract: 28 hours per week until March 31, 2022
Pay Rate: $27/hour (plus statutory benefits in accordance with the Employment Standards Act, 2000, as amended.)
Start date: Immediate
Guided by principles of decolonization, anti-racism, anti-discrimination and anti-oppression, the Coordinator reports to the Board of Directors, through the CCNC-SJ President or other delegate, to oversee the operations of CCNC-SJ, including its various projects.
Key Job Requirements
1.Oversee day-to-day operations of the CCNC-SJ, including all programs and activities.
2. Carry out or otherwise ensure performance of all administrative duties, such as organizing meetings (including video meetings), responding to e-mails and other communications, and other follow-up as needed.
3. Supervise and support contractors and ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
4. Supervise and support staff.
5. Liaise with partner organizations, funding bodies, government and non-governmental agencies, and media organizations.
6. Recruit, train, and support volunteers.
7. Coordinate advocacy actions, including the proactive development of policy statements, briefs and news releases on issues relevant to the Chinese Canadian community.
8. Facilitate public education programs and activities.
9. Prepare funding applications, research proposals, program reports, and develop partnerships.
1. Experience in working with community members, community organizations and agencies to address issues faced by racialized communities, and particularly Asian Canadian communities.
2. Sound understanding of, and experience working for, access, equity, and inclusion in community projects.
3. Demonstrated project management and implementation skills, including the management of multiple stakeholders, meeting multiple project deadlines, and financial management.
4. Excellent communications, facilitation, planning, organizational and time management skills.
5. Knowledge of and experience with developing web-based and social media content, including graphics, videos and podcasts.
6. Experience in web and social media promotion across various platforms. including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
7. Experience working from an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic and fuller anti-oppressive perspective.
8. Awareness of systemic barriers faced by equity-seeking groups; either from first-hand experience, work and/or educational background.
How To Apply
Deadline Application: April 30, 2021
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only contact candidates shortlisted for interviews.