OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
OCISO’s LINC CNC Supervisor will be responsible for planning, implementing and supervising a childminding program, which contributes to the physical, emotional and cognitive development of the participants in an environment that encourages respect for the values, customs and traditions of all cultures. They will also be providing orientation, information and training to staff and families participating in the child-minding program.
- Manage and develop child minding program for children within specified LINC/CMAS guidelines
- Ensure that the program is of superior quality (exceeding CMAS requirements) and addresses the social, cognitive, physical and emotional development of participant children
- Plan activities for the children that are fun, safe, stimulating and address the above developmental needs
- Ensure that the child minding space, equipment and toys all meet or exceed CMAS and LINC requirements
- Ensure culturally appropriate parent input and feedback within the program
- Provide referrals to community programs
- Provide services to parents and children in a supportive and culturally-sensitive manner
- Provide input into budgeting, as required
- Coordinate the purchase of all supplies and replacement items for the program
- Maintain and submit records and program reports as required
- Supervise child minding staff
- Oversee professional development of staff
- Keep manager informed of program and staffing issues.
- ECE graduate
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Valid Food Safe Certificate or must be wiling to obtain within a set time frame
- Minimum 1-year experience working with pre-schoolers, toddlers, infants and their parents
- Proven to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment and the ability to supervise and direct staff
- Fluency in English as well as a good command of English writing and reading
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to communicate in additional languages an asset.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00pm, March 10th, 2017 to:
H.R and Admin Coordinator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Coordinator upon scheduling your interview.