The Client and Outreach Assistant position will provide administrative support to the language assessment and outreach staff at our Language Assessment Centre – Mississauga location.
Reporting to: LAC Coordinator
- Attentively greets clients and visitors to the centre and ensures they are attended to in a timely manner
- Answers phones promptly and minimizes messages going to voice mail.
- Ensures that client phone messages are returned swiftly
- Confirms client appointments and reschedules and rebooks appointments for cancelled or missed dates
- Assist with outreach and promotion activities
- Assist with preparing reports and documents
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including filing, typing, photocopying, faxing, confidential record keeping, and document distribution in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides timely information and refers visitors or calls to other appropriate staff.
- Undertakes other duties assigned by supervisor
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations which often require tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Experience in customer service
- Good interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, problem solving and self- managing organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in other languages is an asset
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Office and databases, and statistical record keeping
- Sensitivity to the diverse needs of adult learners and the multicultural community
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Provision of satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
Terms of Employment: Summer term
Start date: June 3, 2019
End date: August 2, 2019
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Hourly rate: $14 Per Hour + 4% vacation pay
Location: Language Assessment Centres – Mississauga
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume to Human Resource Department via Career section of TCET’s website:
Thank you to all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected to attend an interview.