YMCA of Niagara, Employment & Newcomer Services requires CLARS Assessor (Coordinated Language Assessment & Referral System).
- Determine client eligibility for federally and provincially funded ESL language training
- Administer Canadian Language Benchmarks assessments to eligible adult immigrants for federal and provincial language training programs in the Niagara region
- Refer clients to appropriate program based on assessment and client needs
- Maintain client files and statistical information in the database
- Travel within the Niagara region to YMCA offices and itinerant sites
- Candidates should demonstrate competency in Adult Second Language Acquisition, Assessment in Adult ESL, Cultural Sensitivity, Interview Skills, Decision-Making Skills and English Language Proficiency
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Must have TESL Ontario Accreditation, proof of good standing required with application
- Experience in adult ESL instruction and/or settlement is an asset
- Knowledge of language courses, training programs, and related community services in the Niagara region
- Understanding of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and their application
- If the candidate is not a certified assessor, he/she will need to successfully complete the assessor’s training as a pre-condition of receiving a contract
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR certification (within 2 years from date of issue)
- Upon hiring: Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Starting Rate: $21.50 - $22.25 per hour plus YMCA Membership benefits
Part time position including days, evenings and weekends
This position is funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and copy of TESL accreditation, along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by June 3, 2019 to:
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.