The SDR child protection worker provides investigative and protection services for both traditional and customized same day response files to voluntary and non-voluntary families and children within established procedural guidelines and critical time frames (within a 12-48 hour response) as mandated by both the CFSA and the Society. This responsibility is performed through appropriate consultation with the supervisor.
The incumbent is required to maintain client records in accordance with Society and Ministry Standards including case notes, plans of service, plans of care, social histories and other required reports. The position completes investigations including protocol and institutional investigation, serious occurrences and diplomatic immunity cases. The worker will also prepare appropriate cases for court, according to Society and Ministry guidelines and will establish community links with service providers in our community
Note: Case assignment will be based on operational requirements and determined by the supervisor.
- BSW, MSW or Bachelor’s degree in a related field with relevant work experience;
- 2 years experience working with children and families;
- Experience in providing Intake Services is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills on the phone.
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive community partnerships and working relationships;
- Knowledge of the community resources and services;
- Excellent assessment, engagement and crisis intervention skills;
- Ability to deescalate and manage conflictual situations;
- Strong administrative, planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively with diverse communities and Aboriginal Peoples;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and French is required
Hours of Work:
The SDR child protection worker is expected to work flexible hours according to program needs. Schedules are developed on a monthly basis. Members of the team are expected to work the 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. shift on an average of four to five times per month.
Salary: Commensurate with training and/or experience: CPWII $61,205 - $82,844
Start Date: ASAP