Child Care & Family Services
WoodGreen serves over 700 children through seven licensed child care centres in Toronto’s East End and at Pape House. Our curriculum is based on the most up-to-date practices and is designed to respond to each child's individual needs and interests. In addition to our year-round programs, we also offer summer camp program at Pape House. Committed to continual learning and excellence, we work with a variety of partners to deliver our many services for children and families.
What You Will Do
• Assist in supervision of children as assigned.
• Ensure the safety, health and well-being of the children under care.
• Ensure that child care areas are disinfected on a regular basis.
• Ensure that kitchen areas are disinfected on a regular basis.
• Responsible for wiping tables and chairs before meals/snacks, setting tables, clearing and disinfecting tables following meals/snacks, and assisting in the serving of meals and snacks.
• Responsible for doing laundry according to schedule.
• Responsible for doing dishes according to schedule.
• Responsible for disinfecting toys according to schedule.
• Responsible for preparing/handling food in a hygienic manner and for ensuring that all food is kept at appropriate temperatures until it is served.
• Responsible for the upkeep of equipment and furnishings, for informing the Manager when replenishment is necessary, and for assessing equipment needs and making recommendations regarding purchases.
• Responsible for keeping track of kitchen/laundry supplies and for informing Manager when replenishment is necessary.
What You Bring to the Team
• High school diploma.
• Valid Food Handlers Certificate required.
• Valid Standard First Aid/CPR-C.
• Must have regular availability to work.
What Will Set You Apart
• Knowledge of Canada Food Guide.
• Additional training in early childhood is considered an asset.
• Experience in food services preferred.
• Experience working with children in licensed child care work and activities preferred.
• Ability to assist in supervision of children aged 0 to 12 as assigned.
• Ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for children by ensuring that child care and food service areas are well-maintained, clean and disinfected at all times.
• Ability to follow a schedule, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to ensure the upkeep and ongoing availability of equipment, furnishing and supplies required for the operation of the kitchen.
• Ability to work in cooperation with other staff to maintain high standards of operation.