The Arab Community Centre of Toronto (ACCT) is launching an exciting project called Hand in Hand: Classroom and beyond. This project is funded by United Way- Greater Toronto. Through this project, ACCT will support most vulnerable and marginalized children and their families with increased access to learning as well as bonding opportunities.
ACCT is currently calling for committed Champions/Volunteers to support the project. This is a paid opportunity.
Champions/Volunteers will receive a one-month intensive training to enable them to assist students with homework, assignments, and other areas specifically in math and English.
- Provide students 9-14 with online homework support
- Check on students' families by phone twice a-month.
ACCT is looking for committed champions/volunteers to work for 4 hours a week for 26 weeks at $15.00 per hour.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Student or graduate of a secondary institution
- Retired teacher
- Reliable and punctual
- Interested in community work
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset but not necessary
- Some experience working with ages 9-14 years old.
How to apply:
For registration, please contact Ebti Nabag: 416-819-3119