The Cross-Cultural Community Services Association (TCCSA) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to facilitate the well-being of diversified communities through social services.
- Perform and provide administrative support such as answering phone calls, printing, photocopying, and filing
- Assist the Settlement team in contacting clients to attend workshops
- Prepare promotional materials such as program flyers
- Assist with front desk reception duties.
- Be between the age of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Be legally entitled to work in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Must commit to full contract duration
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, ability to communicate in a second language commonly used by clientele a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and be a good team player
- Able to multi-task and set priorities
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and data entry/management
- A clear, mandatory Vulnerable Sector Screening-Police Reference Check
Terms & Conditions:
Job Title: Admin/Settlement Services Assistant (File # CSJ20-08)
Salary: $14 per hour
Work hours: Hours may vary from 17.5 to 35 hours per week for a total of 280 hours per position with various duration.
Duration: September 1, 2020 to December 4, 2020 (20 hours per week for 14 weeks)
Location: 720 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Unit 2, Mississauga
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 4, 2020 to:
Applicants should quote the file number and name of the position on the application. (File # CSJ20-08)
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquiries.