Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Posting #BK-018/2023-24
Date Posted: September 8, 2023
Date Closing: September 20, 2023
Reports to: Senior Manager, Finance
Position Type: Part Time- 22.5 hours per week
Punjabi Community Health Services (PCHS) is a pioneer community-based, not-for-profit, charitable organization. PCHS has been fulfilling the needs of diverse populations for 33 years by providing services in addictions, mental health, geriatric, health promotion, domestic violence, parenting, settlement and services for women, children and youth. PCHS has several research studies to its credit and is recognized as an innovative organization for community development and its Integrated Holistic Service Delivery Model. PCHS is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International and Imagine Canada. PCHS is a 2SLGBTQ-sensitive organization.
The bookkeeper will work closely with the Finance Coordinator and Senior Manager of Finance. This position will be responsible for maintaining all record-keeping, bookkeeping and other related duties as assigned. This position will be required to plan, organize and monitor daily operations.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• Preferred 3 years of related experience
• Experience in the not-for-profit charity is preferred
• Required proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
• Ability to work under tight time constraints and meet specified deadlines
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Self-starter, ability to plan and organize to meet internal and external deadlines
• Superior time management skills, multitasking and ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of the following will be an asset:
o Microsoft Great Planes Dynamic
o ADP Workforce Now
o Familiarity with Cloud technology and SharePoint
• A satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Screening (Criminal Record Check) report
• Valid driver's license, access to a vehicle with valid insurance
• Current CPR and First-Aid certification
• Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a job requirement unless you have an exemption on a medical ground under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
Books and records:
• Perform required bookkeeping in QuickBooks
• Post all necessary journal entries
• Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are properly analyzed and reconciled
• Records maintenance including audit trail
• Other job responsibilities as needed
• Monitor actual results compared to budget and funding source regulations to effectively measure organizational performance
• Report variance analyses to management
• Provide support for both internal and external reporting
• Perform specific tasks as requested by the management
• Make deposit runs to the bank
• Handle petty cash
• Provide support to Senior Manager, Finance for internal and external audits
• All other duties as assigned
• Actively contribute to the mission, vision and values of PCHS.
• Follow the organizational Code of Ethics and professional standards of certification and position in the organization
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of program(s) and organization.
• Perform the duties outlined in this job description.
• Contribute in a positive way to the overall success of the program and organization.
• Participate in the establishment of program goals and objectives and set service priorities based on them.
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude when representing the organization in the community.
• Actively encourage the involvement and empowerment of clients/ survivors.
• To follow the direction of the Joint Health, Safety & Wellness Committee in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
Part-time, 22.5 hours per week
(Some evenings and weekends work is required)
Position to commence: October 2023
Please submit your resume by September 20, 2023, to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add Job Posting #BK-018/2023-24 to the email subject line and cover letter.
PCHS offers an attractive and rewarding work environment. We appreciate all applicants' interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.