Delta Family is currently seeking a Full-time Program Coordinator to oversee and coordinate the delivery of after-school programming for up to 50 Black youth at North Kipling Junior Middle School and two other schools in North West Toronto. The Program Coordinator will lead the delivery of the Black Youth Student Success Initiative (YSSI) in Rexdale (a partnership with similar programs in York and Scarborough) and the After School Healthy Lifestyle programs.
YSSI has partnered with local agencies and facilitators to provide a comprehensive, culturally relevant series of supports for underserved youth. Partner Motion Ball Sports is a not-for-profit organization that promotes the development of life skills, academics and personal performance on and off the court in a safe, positive and fun environment through strong leadership, intense training and community partnerships for young members.
• Oversee the delivery of the YSSI program for Black youth in Northwest Toronto
• Coordinate the delivery of Delta Family’s after-school programs
• Organize and lead education and advocacy groups for parents.
• Liaise with the school administration at Kipling Junior Middle school and other schools as identified to implement after school programs
• Explore the expansion of the YSSI program
• Liaise with the other agencies delivering YSSI programs (Markham and Scarborough)
• Work closely with the Administrative support person who supports the three YSSI programs
• Create and maintain relationships with community partners and facilitators
• Liaise with partners and facilitators who deliver Basketball and other programs.
• Liaise with WoodGreen Community Services and other facilitators to deliver culturally relevant programming for Black youth (including Rites of Passage process)
• Coordinate after-school programs in two other schools in North west Toronto
• Provide parent education and social supports.
• Liaise with school and parents.
• Liaise with other stakeholders.
• Promote YSSI and other after-school programs as well as other Delta Family's programs and activities
• Liaise with other Delta Family programs and support agency initiatives
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidate must possess a Social Services, Child & Youth, Social Work or equivalent degree/ diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent experience
• Two years’ experience working with Black youth and families.
• Minimum 1 years' experience in coordinating and delivering services to youth and parents.
• Has lived experience of the issues faced by Toronto’s Black communities.
• Understanding of the impact of oppression and anti-Black racism and the barriers faced by Black youth.
• Experience or ability to create and nurture partnerships with community agencies and facilitators
• Experience in working with partners, creating new and strengthening existing partnerships
• Awareness of the issues faced by Black youth and families engaged in various systems.
• Demonstrated understanding of the intersectional identities of Black youth and the impact of various forms of oppression.
• Familiarity with navigating the school system
• Excellent group facilitation and training skills.
• Possess an understanding of the diversity of the African Canadian experience and understanding of the issues facing African Canadian youth in the community.
• Demonstrated advocacy skills and ability to encourage and support youth and parents.
• Strong writing and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Additional language is an asset
• Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
• The successful candidate will be required to have/obtain a current vulnerable sector Reference
Check (can be obtained upon offer of position).
• Other duties as assigned
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com to apply