The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Ottawa is committed to protecting the children and youth of our community from abuse and neglect. We work in collaboration with community partners to ensure their well-being and to strengthen the capacity of families and the communities in which they live.
CAS is presently seeking an experienced Bilingual (French and English) speaking Administrative Assistant to join Volunteer Services. In this fast paced work environment, the individual will require exceptional time management and organizational skills, be self-sufficient, and able to think quickly on his/her feet.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Volunteer Services, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support
by assuming the following responsibilities:
- Receive and promptly relay telephone messages for work unit personnel from clients, professional staff, caregivers, volunteers and others as required;
- Type as required, from notes, minutes, correspondence, file recordings, legal documentation and other administrative data forms, utilizing Microsoft Office programs
- Prepare statistical reports, maintain records, receive and distribute reports
- Create, maintain, update, close and transfer files and records and activity data
- Schedule interviews, meetings, visits, client’s transportation, and all other related tasks the unit personnel may need assistance with
- Other duties include completing general administrative tasks such as preparing; and correspondence, updating statistical reports distributing mail, faxing, photocopying documents and ordering supplies, as required
- Provide coverage for the Driving Program as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in an administrative position with progressive responsibility is required
- Experience in Child Welfare or a related service area is considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of office procedures
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated skills with Excel spreadsheets and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Lotus Notes)
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) with client, staff and community professionals
- Good judgment, strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with daily deadlines
- Excellent capacity to work independently as well within a team setting
- Proficiency in both English and French (oral, comprehension and written)
Temporary Full Time Position - 11 Month, 35-Hours/Week
Hours fo work: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
CAS offers a salary range of $41,929 - $51,049, commensurate with skills and experience. As well we offer a comprehensive
benefits package (pension plan and health & insurance benefits) and generous leave provisions (such as 4 weeks of vacation after 1 year of service). Our modern workplace has excellent physical amenities including a fully equipped gym,
free parking and a cafeteria.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online on our website.
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. The Society encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
CASO is committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you to all applicants for their interests in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa but we will only contact those selected for an interview.