OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
NOTE: To be eligible, youth must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The summer student position provides an opportunity to create greater awareness about newcomer needs, and help OCASI’s Productive Enterprises team by providing French translation of existing documents, and developing new online content for the knowledge base.
Specific Position Duties
● Translation of documentation from English to French
● Update knowledge base for user support
● Other duties as assigned
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
● Knowledge and understanding of settlement issues, barriers and information needs of
newcomers as well as immigrant and refugee communities
● Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, self-starter, team player
● Ability to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
● Strong research techniques especially using the internet
● Ability to learn new software and proficiency with computers, Internet, email and MS office
● Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work activities
● Some basic html coding may be required
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with the subject line Bilingual Summer Student – Productive Enterprises by June 11th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. OCASI hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to providing full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.