COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR ITS WEEKEND OVERNIGHT SHELTER SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness including but not limited to families, refugees, women fleeing domestic violence and singles. COSTI’s shelters provide clients with a pet friendly dwelling.
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 14 hours per week.
(Overnight shifts, Saturday to Sunday, 11:00 pm -7:00am)
• Train, develop and supervise, client support workers, relied staff and security staff.
• Oversee the delivery and coordination of program services which includes supporting staff and client day to day issues, liaising with city of Toronto’s Central Intake, follow up with hotel management.
• Maintain and update work schedules ensuring proper coverage of every shift and maintaining proper staffing.
• Ensure incident reports and documentation are up to date.
• Supports the hiring and training of new staff.
• Work closely with other Assistant and General Manager to ensure smooth daily operations and clear communication provided between the different teams.
• Coordinates/supports the delivery of services to clients.
• Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date on data bases used.
• Support and lead shelter staff in managing crises and high-risk situations.
• Ensures that the centre and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures and Toronto Shelter Standards.
• Work with team on developing and updating shelter policies.
• Be available on call for staff emergencies at all times.
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a shelter setting is required, with at least one (1) year of experience in supervising shelter programs and staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Toronto Shelter Standards.
• Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge in issues facing people experiencing homelessness.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
• Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet based database.
• Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
• Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is required.
• Possession of a valid Naloxone training certificate is required.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: