COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES AT THE CORVETTI EDUCATION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Client Support Services (CSS) program provides intensive settlement case management services to government-assisted refugees once they have arrived in the Greater Toronto Area in order to facilitate a healthy transition to life in Canada and a successful and positive resettlement experience. It provides services through a mobile case management model where clients are provided settlement supports and referrals depending on their unique social determinants.
This is a Contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
April 5, 2021 to March 31, 2025
• Coordinate referrals and services with internal/external partners to address gaps/needs of priority/high risk clients in order to support wraparound case management for clients of the Client Support Services (CSS) as referred from the Reception Centre.
• Support the coordination/transition of seamless interdisciplinary services and supports for clients by coordinating internal case conferences and communication pathways based on gaps/needs identified by RAP and CSS managers.
• Create, coordinate, and facilitate working/focus groups and advisory committees to engage clients in program planning, development, monitoring and evaluation.
• Build capacity of programs by conducting outreach and maintaining/recommending partnerships and collaborations with the broader settlement, social services and mainstream community at the local, provincial and national level.
• In collaboration with General Manager, Stakeholder Engagement, establish and sustain connections to agencies/services, develop and maintain a library of resources, materials and referral agencies.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation of RAP/CSS program activities by working with Program Managers and staff to implement continuous monitoring and evaluation.
• Maintain communication with program staff regarding coordination of client services, communicating with CSS/RAP General Managers and/or Assistant Managers in a timely and professional manner regarding any client and/or program concerns.
• In collaboration with COSTI Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, develop, maintain and supervise the new Refugee Peer Support Mentorship and Community Ambassador programs, including the recruitment, training, assignment (matching with GAR clients) and performance review of volunteers.
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience. A degree in Social Work such as BSW is an asset.
• One (1) year of experience in program management with a focus on capacity building in settlement services for newcomer and refugee clients.
• Demonstrated experience working with complex/high needs newcomers.
• Demonstrated skills in program management and refugee settlement with a focus on case coordination with a wide range of internal and external service providers and stakeholders.
• Knowledge and awareness of issues facing refugees in Canada.
• Demonstrated commitment to values of anti-racism, anti-oppression and social justice preferably in a settlement services environment working with newcomer and refugee clients.
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal skills; professionalism and diplomacy of communications.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and independently.
• Demonstrated use of computer for emails, reports and accessing internet for research is required.
• Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
• Multicultural sensitivity and understanding and appreciation of diversity; a second language considered an asset.
• Willingness to work variable/flexible hours with advance notice.
• Has a car with valid driver’s license.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: