COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Client Support Services (CSS) program provides intensive case management services to government-assisted refugees once they have arrived in the Greater Toronto Area in order to facilitate a healthy transition to life in Canada and a successful and positive resettlement experience. It uses a 12-month itinerant case management model where clients are provided with a wide range of settlement planning, supports and referrals depending on their unique social determinants of health.
- Oversee the delivery and coordination of the Client Support Services program
- Support the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of staff, students and volunteers
- Coordinate/support monthly case reviews and bi-weekly individual supervision meetings with staff/students, and weekly team meetings
- Provide support to complex cases, including direct service delivery as needed, providing guidance to staff as necessary
- Support the implementation of the program activities, including monitoring the use of support services (interpretation, transportation, etc.)
- Support and maintain productive working relationships with partners and other service providers
- Ensure that all organizational timelines are met, and prepares narrative and statistical reports as required
- Ensure that the centre and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience. A degree in Social Work (such as BSW or MSW) is an asset
- One (1) year of experience supervising intensive case management programs and staff, preferably in a settlement services environment working with newcomer and refugee clients
- Knowledge of anti-oppressive and empowerment-based approaches to intensive case management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the resettlement of refugees to Canada, and specifically the Resettlement Assistance Program
- Previous experience supervising staff remotely
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision making skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and email is essential
- Experience in monitoring data in an internet based database
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication
- Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset
- Must have access to a car and be able to drive to various locations across the GTA (including Toronto, Peel, Halton, Durham and York regions) on a regular basis
- Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
This is a full time non-Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Start date: November 4, 2019
Salary range: $51,010 to $57,033 per annum + Benefits
Location: 760 College Street, Toronto
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 101-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.