The Client Support Services (CSS) program provides intensive case management services to government-assisted refugees once they have arrived in the Greater Toronto Area in order to facilitate a healthy transition to life in Canada and a successful and positive resettlement experience. It uses a 12-month itinerant case management model where clients are provided with a wide range of settlement planning, supports and referrals depending on their unique social determinants of health.
This is a fulltime non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
• Oversee the delivery and coordination of the Client Support Services program.
• Support the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of staff, students and volunteers.
• Coordinate/support monthly case reviews and bi-weekly individual supervision meetings with staff/students, and weekly team meetings.
• Provide support to complex cases, including direct service delivery as needed, providing guidance to staff as necessary.
• Support the implementation of the program activities, including monitoring the use of support services (interpretation, transportation, etc.).
• Support and maintain productive working relationships with partners and other service providers.
• Ensure that all organizational timelines are met, and prepares narrative and statistical reports as required.
• Ensure that the centre and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience. A degree in Social Work such as BSW is an asset.
• One (1) year of experience supervising intensive case management programs and staff, preferably in a settlement services environment working with newcomer and refugee clients.
• Knowledge of anti-oppressive and empowerment-based approaches to intensive case management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the resettlement of refugees to Canada, and specifically the Resettlement Assistance Program.
• Previous experience supervising staff remotely.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and email is essential.
• Experience in monitoring data in an internet based database.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication.
• Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
• Must have access to a car and be able to drive to various locations across the GTA (including Toronto, Peel, Halton, Durham and York regions) on a regular basis.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
LOCATION: 760 College Street, Toronto
DURATION: August 22, 2022 to March 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $28.87 to $31.39 per hour
POSTING DATE: August 3, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 16, 2022
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, quoting reference # 171-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=171-22