With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
Program Nature and Scope:
The Administrative Assistant will support reception and assist clients with intakes -provide information to community members -provide referral and resources -assist with community outreach to booths/events/festivals as required - ensure a high level of customer service -support project/agency administration.
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Assist with scheduling meetings and maintaining various calendars
- Manage and maintain filing systems
- Work closely with Finance and Human Resources to ensure seamless processes are carried out
- Participate in the agency distribution, collection, and analysis of participant surveys and other evaluation and tracking procedures
- Participate in all meetings as required
- Maintain positive professional relationships and communication links with public and other relevant community resources
- Evaluate the effectiveness of service delivery and present solutions to enhance services on an ongoing basis
- Screen the needs of telephone and walk-in clients, provide information and determine suitability for SfC programs and services
- Provide and maintain resources for referrals to other programs and services in the community
- Research and update existing community resources on a regular basis
- Participate in agency marketing and promotion to various stakeholders including networking sessions and special events
- Provide backup support as required within team and across locations
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Strong interpersonal and client-focused skills as well as a positive attitude towards change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect of clients and provide non-judgmental support to all clients
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals and action plans with participants
- Demonstrated ability in recruitment strategies, marketing to different stakeholders through various sales approaches and business acumen
- Problem-solving skills and resourcefulness to develop new ideas and methods in meeting clients’ needs
- College diploma in Business Administration, Customer Service or a related field;
- And/or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution;
- And/or relevant direct experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities;
- Ability to secure a Police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment.
Contract length: Between 6 to 12 weeks
Hours: Between 30 to 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume by May 30, 2019 to:
Skills for Change is a United Way agency and equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
The agency provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.