COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Orientation to Ontario (O2O) is a province-wide bilingual pilot with objectives to expedite and facilitate the settlement and integration of newcomers to Ontario. The project aims to deliver information to clients Online (O2O Website), Workshops and self-directed print resources (Workbook) to newcomers.
International Student Connect (ISC) is also a province-wide bilingual pilot project, designed to identify and develop an appropriate service response to the settlement needs of international students pursuing post-secondary education in Ontario. The project aims to connect International students with settlement and community services during their studies. The project is being designed and developed in partnership with post-secondary education organizations and includes consultations with international students, their families and other stakeholders.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Project staff
- Ensures organizations across the province are apprised of program announcements, gathers updated contact information, and maintain list of partners and wider community networks
- Assists with the creation and distribution of training and promotional materials
- Assist with acquisition, reproduction and distribution of resources e.g. facilitator training materials, cross-cultural events and trade shows
- Collects a variety of program statistical information, prepares and distributes statistical reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Provides customer service to O2O & ISC agency staff by providing program information and assistance as needed
- Records and tracks reimbursement of travel and accommodation claims
- Prepares, proofreads and compiles correspondence, reports, manuals, presentations and other documents as requested
- Provide assistance in maintaining technical aspects of project
- Provide logistical support (travel, accommodations and hospitality) for trainings sessions
- Orders and maintains office inventory
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Secondary school diploma with administrative/business training or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative and public relations skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and Desktop Publishing is essential
- Minimum 18 months office experience
- Experience working with newcomers and/or immigrants an asset
- Fluency in French language is a strong asset
- Ability to speak a second language is considered an asset
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
This is a part-time non-union position scheduled to work 17.5 hours per week
Start date: November 4, 2019
Salary range: $22.57 to $24.29 per hour
Location: 2301 Keele Street, Toronto
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 98-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.