CultureLink is seeking an Administrative Assistant / Intake Worker to provide support for its IT Security Bridge Training project. The IT Security Bridge Training project offers newcomer professionals with an IT background CISSP training, mentoring, networking opportunities, help with resumes and interviews, insight into the Canadian workplace and job strategies they can use to find jobs in their field.
CultureLink is a settlement and community organization with close to 30 years’ experience in developing and delivering services to meet the needs of diverse communities. CultureLink works within an anti-oppression framework and is committed to equity.
- Act as main contact responding to all newcomer queries.
- Coordinate scheduling, referrals, networking, evaluations, reservations, etc. for the program.
- Maintain strong IT Security Bridge Training project presence on website, social media, radio and newsletter.
- Connect students with needed supports within CultureLink and other organizations.
- Provide administrative support for the Project Coordinator, Employment Specialist / Facilitator and the technical trainer.
- Administer and evaluate technical competence test, as designed by technical partner, as part of the registration process.
- Be responsible for petty cash.
- Facilitate access to Immigrant Access Fund loans for each student.
- Assist with outreach to newcomer professionals when needed, giving presentations, distributing flyers, etc.
- Screen, register, provide intake, record all pertinent data and follow up with students.
- Assist students with obtaining loans from the Immigrant Access Fund.
- Any other jobs assigned by manager.
- Excellent people skills with sensitivity to different cultures - experience working with a very diverse clientele is required and fluency in a second language is an asset
- Postsecondary degree in a relevant social service discipline
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to details, excellent time management, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Comfort with doing presentations to newcomer groups on an occasional basis
- Experience with budgeting process an asset
- A dynamic team player able to work effectively with diverse work force and bring in positive energy to the team. Flexible with team work scheduling, considerate and collaborative with tasks distribution
- Familiar with various services available to address newcomers’ needs and challenges, and able to make meaningful referrals. Certification in Information and Referral (CIRS) is a great asset
- Savvy with various MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher etc. Experience with social media marketing is a strong asset
- Vulnerable Sector Police Record check is required
This is a Bargaining Unit Position
Start Date: February 1, 2018
End Date: March 29, 2019 (with possibility of extension)
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume quoting reference number CLU-2018-5 by Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to:
The HR Administrator
Thank you all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.