CICS is a registered charity with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative programs and services. We work to enable newcomers to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our success stems from our workforce culture bound by three core values: Compassion, Inclusivity and Collaboration.
- The Administrative Assistant primarily provides administrative support to the Executive Director in a professional, efficient and confidential manner. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the logistics, and minutes- taking of board meetings as well as management team meetings.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Director through performing internal communication functions, conducting research; and is responsible for general inquiries and support media relations work. The Administrative Assistant compiles content and coordinates the production of reports and publications as required. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting in other routine administrative tasks.
- University degree with at least two years related administrative experience
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and is attentive to details
- Ability to work under pressure and within timelines
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable, flexible, and a team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written English and preferably also Chinese
- Ability to interface effectively with all stakeholders
- Experience in a professional association or similar not-for-profit organization in a board support role preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, graphics software and social media tools
- Valid Ontario driver license and have access to a car is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Screening is mandatory
Hours: 35 hours per week, this position may require to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Head Office, 2330 Midland Avenue, Toronto
How to Apply:
Resumes and cover letters are to be sent to CICS by noon on July 19, 2019 to:
The Hiring Committee
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS)
The application should quote # Job #17-19 / Administrative Assistant to Executive Director.
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. CICS provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.