This is a full-time union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week** . The incumbent is on secondment
• Provide administrative and clerical support to Manager and Centre staff
• Answer phone calls and assist with walk-in clients, community members and service providers, including providing support to offsite staff
• Maintain staff schedules, and monitor appointments, interpretation and transportation assistance for clients and staff
• Maintain and reconcile program data and records, including program and financial records
• Provide database training and support to staff, including troubleshooting issues that arise, liaising with the Regional Coordination Team when issues arise that cannot be resolved internally.
• Responsible for receiving all client referrals in to the program, creating case/client files, and then entering the demographics in CISv2 and Efforts-to-Outcomes databases.
• Prepare statistical reports including compiling and analyzing information for funders, including bulk-uploads on iCARE.
• Supports and maintains a welcoming environment within the Centre
• Performs other duties as required
• Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 18 months of experience providing administrative support
• Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Ability to speak other languages is considered as an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and Desktop Publishing is essential.
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining a database, which includes data-entry, analysis of data, and reporting.
• Demonstrated experience both entering and uploading data from the Immigration Contribution Agreement Reporting Environment (iCARE) database.
• Knowledge of specific issues facing resettled refugees and settlement, community and government services and resources, with an emphasis on the services and resources that exist within the Greater Toronto Area, considered an asset.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATIONS: 760 College Street, Toronto
DURATION: December 5, 2022 – March 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $23.26 - $ 25.03 per hour
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2022
CLOSING DATE: December 5, 2022
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall. Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #269-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=269-22