OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Accounting Assistant reports to the Manager of Finance and provides support in all areas of financial management including accounts payable, audits, accounts receivable, general accounting, controlling, payroll, tracking and reporting of expenses.
Reports to: Manager of Finance
- Oversees payroll activities of the organization and assures that all payroll journal entries are completed
- Maintain and administer the group insurance and other benefits plans
- Maintains records of all financial plans and transactions using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Communicates with all stakeholders to effectively resolve all outstanding payroll issues
- Verifying the Accounts Receivable batches; preparing recurring and or adjusting monthly journal entries
- Monitors and ensures compliance with government regulations related to the charitable/non-profit status of the organization
- Demonstrates a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism / anti-oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- Professional Accounting designation or an equivalent combination of Bachelor degree and at least two (2) years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment and the ability to supervise and direct staff
- Experience in government and community relations
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and time management
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Other languages are desirable
- Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access, and anti-racism into all aspects of program and policy development
- Advanced knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software. Knowledge of ADP and Donor Perfect platforms
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, database applications, internet applications, social media and flexibility with regard to work time
Term: Full-time (35hours/week) – May 2020 – September 30, 2020 (with possibility of extension)
Salary: $38,050 – $40,700 annually.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by April 24, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted.