COSTI requires an e-Learning and Instructional Technology Manager for its Online Language and Skills Training Services.
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This position provides leadership in the design, development, implementation, support, and evaluation of the eLearning Program and administers the Learning Management System (LMS) at COSTI.
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and oversees the work plans for COSTI’s eLearning Program. Supports the development of strategic offerings/initiatives, standards, related procedures and process documentation.
• Plans, implements and manages online course development process including staff training, instructional design, content development and quality review.
• Regularly evaluates eLearning courses and recommends changes based on findings. Ensures the eLearning Program deliverables are aligned with adult learning principles and meet service targets.
• Researches and implements new instructional strategies to remain competitive in the delivery of education; researches emerging technologies and their application to teaching and learning.
• Manages the Learning Management System and support any required LMS changes/updates.
• Develops and implements plans that address accessibility in online instruction. Collaborates with IT to address technical and accessibility issues from students and staff.
• Acts as a resource for eLearning and Instructional Technologies to the Education Division. Promotes effective LMS usage and best practices.
• Supervises staff, administers the operations of the Program and provides leadership in the development and delivery of services using instructional technologies.
• Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining staff, students and volunteers.
• Develops, liaises and maintains a productive working relationship with partners, employers, other service providers and professionals in the sector.
• Provides leadership to language instructors in the delivery of the online programs and ensures operation is aligned with the PBLA and CLB framework.
• Ensures that all organizational time lines are met (for funding applications, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and performance appraisals).
• Provides input into the development of the Program’s budget. Monitors, controls and approves budgetary expenses within allowable limits.
• Develops and writes funding proposals.
• Advocates and promotes the Program and its services via multiple media within and outside the organization to both private and public sectors.
• Participates in organization meetings and other community meetings.
• Post-secondary degree in Instructional Technologies or a related field (e.g. Adult Education, Educational Technologies, Instructional Design, etc.) and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Must be TESL Ontario certified.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in staff supervision and administration. Preference will be given if this experience was obtained in a language instruction and/or eLearning setting.
• Minimum 1 year experience with LMS Administration.
• Working knowledge of adult language training programs and the Canadian Language Benchmarks.
• Understanding of eLearning principles and best practices.
• Experience working with instructional technologies/applications and eLearning authoring tools, e.g. digital whiteboard, video editing, H5P, Flipgrid, Google Classroom, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of online course design and development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Assessment.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management, analytical and decision-making skills with proficiency in EXCEL.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations.
• Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants.
• Proficiency in using Internet, e-mail, MS Office, Windows and social media.
• Access to a car
This position works both remotely online and in person in the designated location. Some routine travels to the other service locations in the GTA are required. The successful incumbent must complete LearnIT2Teach / Avenue Stage 4 training within the probationary period.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
by clicking on the below link.