OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants cordially invites you to participate in the webinar: The Basics of Canada Child Benefit (CCB) a Webinar for Service Providers.
The Canada Child Benefit (CCB) is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help with the cost of raising children. This benefit was introduced by the Federal government in 2016 to help low- and middle-income families with the cost of raising children under the age of 18. While the CCB is an important tool for poverty reduction, it excludes certain children based on immigration status of their parents.
- Silmy Abdullah is a staff lawyer at the South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario. She practices primarily in the area of immigration and social assistance law.
This webinar will cover the following:
- Who is eligible for CCB?
- How does immigration status impact CCB eligibility?
- What options are available for community members who have been denied CCB?
- Please be prepared with a headset and mic for the best participation options (or you will be limited to using 'chat' for questions and comments).
- Please test your equipment Before the webinar because it is quite difficult to resolve technical issues during the presentation.
- For optimum participation we recommend using a high speed internet cable connection (NOT Wifi) for stable access.
- Please turn off or move hands-free communication equipment (ie. cellphone, hands-free landline, laptop with mic) away from the computer you will be using for the webinar. We have found that other equipment nearby sometimes causes audio interference.
For more information please contact Amy Casipullai, Senior Coordinator Policy and Communications at email@example.com