OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants in collaboration with The Canadian Center for Victims of Torture and Women’s Health In Women’s Hands Community Health Centre presents: Trauma Informed Services - Part 2 for staff of OCASI member agencies.
This is a 2 part full-day training series: December 3 and December 10, 2018
Participants will share and increase their knowledge on the issue of trauma informed care. It is expected that the participants will understand trauma informed care as a field of knowledge that requires:
- continuous education
- awareness of oneself context and boundaries
- developing a multidisciplinary approach
- network of resources and support
- Understanding how to create a safe and welcoming environment from a Trauma Informed Perspective
- Understanding ways to involve program participants (aka clients/guests) in meaningful ways
- Increased knowledge of Best Practices around Burnout and Vicarious Trauma Support
- Increased awareness of tools to cope with Compassion Fatigue
Registration Deadline: December 5, 2018
Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. We request only 3 staff per agency register. 48 hour cancellation notice required.
No transportation cost will be provided for participants travelling from outside of Toronto
For more information or any special needs, please contact Nadia at email@example.com or 416-322-4950 ext. 246
This training series is a part of OCASI’s Mental Health Promotion project to build the capacity of newcomer and refugee services to promote mental health and newcomer wellbeing, and respond to mental health issues. The project aims to strengthen collaborations and partnerships between newcomer and refugee serving organizations, primary health, and mental health sectors through the development of a service model for mental health promotion.