The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI in Partnership with the Immigrant Women Services Ottawa & Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women is pleased announce a joint Roundtable: Telling Our Stories: What’s Next? A conversation on anti-gender based violence advocacy and education in immigrant and refugee communities
The purpose of this roundtable is to bring together service providers in order to:
- Broaden the discussion around ending gender-based violence in immigrant and refugee communities
- Identify key areas for collective political advocacy and grassroots educational work
The Roundtable discussion will cover two key discussion themes:
- structural/systemic change
- grassroots/community-level education
The notes from the Roundtable will be used to create a new Tool-kit for service providers on anti-GBV advocacy, best practices and education in immigrant and refugee communities.
- Only 30 spots are available for the Roundtable discussion. Every effort will be make to select participants from a wide range of perspectives.
- There will be no obligation for further participation after the roundtable is complete
Meals: Roundtable discussion includes breakfast and lunch.
Enrollment is limited.
If you have any questions about the Roundtable, please contact Chenthoori Malankov at firstname.lastname@example.org