Do you have refugee clients whose mental health you're concerned about? Don't know how to approach them or unsure of who clients can be referred to?
The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) Is pleased to offer a 2-day, in person Refugee Mental Health and Trauma Training.
Facilitated by partners from the Hong Fook Mental Health Association and the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture.
The purpose of the training is to:
- Increase knowledge of mental health issues and migration
- Increase awareness of the significance of early identification of mental health issues and coping strategies
- Increase knowledge of culturally competent approaches
- Understand the impact of trauma
- Increase knowledge of compassionate communication
- Increase awareness of self-care as service providers
Note: The maximum number of participants for the workshop is 30, and we will endeavor to provide equal opportunities for all the agencies in the area.
This is 2-day training and it is very important that you are available to participate both days.
A Certificate of Completion will be provided to those participants that attend both days in full.
To register, please click here
For more information contact Sanaa Ali-Mohammed at email@example.com