OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants invites you to participate in a webinar series: Meeting the Needs of Black Survivors of Gender-Based Violence.
Webinar 2: What is Misogynoir? Unpacking Gendered Violence
- Yami Msosa
- What misogynoir is, what it looks like and how it relates to gender-based violence
- Understand the impact of misogynoir on Black women (including Black trans women) and femme non-binary Black folks
A Webinar Series for Service Providers in Honour of Black History Month. Anti-Black racism places Black women (including Black trans women) and non-binary folks at greater risk of gendered violence. In this webinar series, you will learn from expert facilitators on how to better meet the needs of Black survivors of gender-based violence and how to advocate for change.
Date: Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Please be prepared with a headset and microphone for the best participation options (or you will be limited to using 'chat' for questions and comments).
- Please test your equipment Before the webinar because it is quite difficult to resolve technical issues during the presentation.
- For optimum participation we recommend using a high speed internet cable connection (NOT Wifi) for stable access.
- Please turn off or move hands-free communication equipment (ie. cellphone, hands-free landline, laptop with microphone) away from the computer you will be using for the webinar. We have found that other equipment nearby sometimes causes audio interference.
For more information please contact Sidrah Ahmad, Senior Coordinator of the Gender-Based Violence Program, firstname.lastname@example.org