OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants is pleased to announce our facilitated e-learning training course: Employment Services: Training for Settlement Workers.
The purpose of this FREE 5-week online facilitated introductory-level course is to help front-line practitioners to better support their newcomer clients as they seek employment in Canada.
- Emily Mooney
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Understand the process of employment-related Information and Referral
- Demonstrate an understanding of some of the employment challenges and barriers faced by immigrants and refugees in Ontario
- Demonstrate an understanding of some of the possible solutions to these challenges and barriers
- Know where to go to seek information on employment-related programs and services
- Know how to better assess and make employment-related referrals
- Know how and where to seek additional labour market information
Although prior e-learning experience is not required, it will be an asset. You will need access to a computer for this training as well as 2-3 hours per week to complete the tasks over the 5-week period.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Each of the 5 modules at any time within its scheduled week
- All activities, including quizzes and assignments
- Participation in the online forum
- Pre and post surveys
At the successful completion of the entire e-course, you will receive a certification of completion from OCASI.
You will receive instructions on how to access the course materials two days before the course begins.
There is no “live” component to the training and you are expected to review and complete each week’s course materials at your own pace before the following week begins. While you can access each module at your convenience during each week for the course, they will be available as follows:
Facilitated TESS course:
Module 1: April 2 - April 8, 2019
Module 2: April 9 - April 15, 2019
Module 3: April 16 - April 22, 2019
Module 4: April 23 - April 29, 2019
Module 5: April 30 - May 6, 2019
Please note: Course registration closes on March 26 at 5:00 p.m. Spaces are limited.
For more information on the course, contact Emily Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org
OCASI’s Employment Services online training series is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).