OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants cordially is pleased to announce our Self-Directed E-learning Training on: Race, Gender and the Rights of Women with Precarious Immigration Status.
Self-directed online course, one module per week from Sept 16 to October 21, 2019.
The purpose of this free 4-module online course is to help front-line workers better support women with precarious immigration status, who are facing violence. You will have one weeks to complete each module at your own pace.
In this course, you will:
- Learn strategies for supporting racialized women with precarious status, who are facing violence
- Practice supporting survivors with precarious status, with the use of realistic scenarios
- Learn about important legislation and policies, such as Access Without Fear
After completing the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from OCASI. There are 4 modules in the course. You will have one week to complete each module at your own pace.
- Monday September 16, 2019: Module 1 starts
- Monday, September 23, 2019: Module 2 starts
- Monday, September 30, 2019: Module 3 starts
- Monday, October 4, 2019: Module 4 starts
Please note: Course registration closes on September 12, 2019, and spaces are limited. Enroll early!
For more information on the course, contact the course facilitator: Sidrah Ahmad-Chan Email: email@example.com Phone: 416-322-4950 ext. 240
OCASI’s Initiative to End Gender-Based Violence online courses are funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).