About CLEO: CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario/ Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario) develops clear, accurate, and practical legal information to help people understand and exercise their legal rights. Through the CLEO Connect project, CLEO also helps community workers and organizations learn to develop and deliver effective legal information.
This free and interactive workshop will cover a variety of information and material on legal information and the comprehensive and critical programs and services available to individuals in need.
- An introduction to CLEO and their services
- Recognizing and understanding the difference between legal information and legal advice
- How to identify reliable sources of legal information
- Overview of suggested sources of reliable legal information (CLEO, Steps to Justice, CLEO Connect, and more)
- Legal services for low-income, marginalized people in Ontario (Community Legal Clinics, Student Legal Aid Services Societies, Legal Aid Ontario, Pro Bono Ontario, Ontario Legal Information Centre, Law Society Referral Service, Family Law Limited Scope Services Project, JusticeNet)
- Reviewing the Ontario court system and which legal problems are resolved at which court/tribunal
- Interactive case scenario group activities
Please Note: Enrollment is limited to 20 participants and no more than 2 participants from any one agency.
Parking & Transit: There are a few options for parking. There is a Green P Parking space on Delisle Street which is one block north of St. Clair west of Yonge and about a 2 to 3 minute walk to the venue which is on the northeast corner of Yonge and St.Clair (1 St. Clair Avenue East, 2nd Floor). The closest TTC Subway Station is St. Clair, which is about a 1 minute walk from the venue.
Refreshments: We will be providing coffee, tea and light snacks in the morning. Lunch is not provided. You will have a half an hour lunch break. There is a full kitchen in the conference room so please feel free to bring your lunch. There are many restaurants within the proximity of the venue as well.