Health Human Resources Strategy
This online resource presents concepts and courses of action for improving access to French language health services across Canada, and supports the vision and strategic directions set out in Health Canada's Health Human Resource Strategy.
Online Resource to Help Health Organizations Recruit and Retain Bilingual Staff
- Improve recruitment and retention of bilingual human resources through better understanding of the issues and influencing factors
- Implement strategies and promising practices adapted to the realities of organizations and bilingual staff
- Provide quality, safe services focused on the needs of clients and patients
- Strengthen management and retention practices for bilingual staff
- Model can be adapted to better meet the needs of other language minorities.
Online Resource to Learn about the HHR Strategy
From setting your organization up for success to assessing progress, our online resource includes:
- A structured six-step framework
- Customizable HR planning tools for bilingual staff in the health and social services sectors
- Practical language resources in English and French
- Examples of innovative promising practices
- Video testimonials.
The content is continuously being improved, in the spirit of our model, and registered participants can quickly identify new resources and tools.
With many downloads available for your use and easy-to-complete units, the average completion time for the core units is approximately four and a half hours. This website is mobile-device friendly.
This online resource is designed to meet the needs of:
- Leadership team representatives;
- Health and social services managers;
- HR staff;
- French/bilingual service planners;
- Any one interested in developing expertise in bilingual human resources.
Download the HHR Strategy Overview (in English and French): HHR Overview - Coup d'oeil RHS (pdf – 512 KB)
Certificate of Completion
This platform allows you to mark every unit as complete in order to download your Certificate of Completion. You will still be able to access completed units.
Maintenance of Certification
Completion of the HHR Strategy training entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.25 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
HHRstrategy.ca and its content is LEADS licensed and aligns with the LEADS domains and capabilities.
- Registration is free
- You may complete the modules at your own pace and keep track of your progress
- Upon completion, a Certificate will be available for download