La Passerelle-I.D.É. is looking for a bilingual (French-English), dynamic and very competent person to fill the position of “Senior Manager, Programs & Strategic Development”.
Founded 20 years ago, La Passerelle-I.D.É. (www.passerelle-ide.com) is a Toronto-based, thriving Francophone non-profit organization which aims at excellence in the implementation of its initiatives in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada and internationally.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the individual in this position plans, develops, organizes and coordinates a significant portion of the organization’s activities. The “Senior Manager, Programs & Strategic Development” position comprises four main areas: Project Development & Diversification of Funding; Team & Project Management; Communications Management; Research Projects Management.
Project Development & Diversification of Funding
- Participates in the thinking and development leading to the strategic planning of La Passerelle-I.D.É.’s growth and in the implementation of plans to attain identified goals
- Researches, identifies and analyses trends and opportunities for projects and funding linked to La Passerelle-I.D.É.’s mandate and mission
- Maintains a close relation with current funders: monitors their policies, objectives and calls for proposals in the short, mid and long term
- Develops other sources of funding among new funders
- Strategically drafts projects proposals and applications for funding
Team & Project Management
- Annual work plan development, identifying expected outcomes and a performance measurement framework
- Planning: projects start-up, lists of activities, assessment of efforts, costs and resources needed, risk assessment, action plan development
- Implementation: overseeing the production of deliverables and activities; team direction, coordination and motivation; funder relations management; progress reports; deliverables quality control
- Follow-up and supervision: management of various kinds of shifts (needs, specifics, timeline, costs, quality level) that could take place during project implementation
- Closure: finalizing all related documents, closing contracts, post-project evaluation
- Improving evaluation and the utilization of project management tools
- Improving the project management process
Internal and External Communications Management
- Advises the Executive Director on strategic policy issues
- Represents La Passerelle-I.D.É. Participates and serves on key committees, conferences, consultations and public forums
- Writes political communications
- Represents La Passerelle-I.D.É. before funders and external clienteles, as well as in the context of interdepartmental relations
- On occasion, travels outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and abroad to represent La Passerelle-I.D.É.
- In the absence and upon authorization of the Executive Director, acts as spokes-person for the organization to the media
- Ensures the quality of communications going to external clienteles (tools, press releases, web site, etc.)
- Writes a weekly activity report/update for the Executive Director
- Gives feedback to the Communications Agent
Research Projects Management
- Implements other sorts of projects or initiatives or tasks assigned by the Executive Director
- Carries out research in strategic fields
- Researches and analyses trends at the federal, provincial and municipal government levels as well as policies that impact on immigrants’ social, economic and political life
- Offers specialist advice on policy matters
- Directs, coordinates and participates in projects related to policy and programs as well as in strategic planning; carries out risk and return analyses
- Ensures that proposed policies take into account programs and project-related priorities
- Interested candidates must be fully bilingual (French-English), master equity-based analyses (systemic barriers, diverse forms of discrimination and oppression), have superior oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to develop and implement projects and programs and solid knowledge about issues of importance for immigrants and members of racialized communities.
- Interested candidates must also be knowledgeable about the Ontarian and Canadian environment in matters of immigration, official languages, Francophone minority communities as well as approaches to integration and economic development by and for equity-seeking groups. They must be able to work with descriptive statistics. They must be ready to travel across Ontario, Canada and internationally.
- Other key features of the individual we are seeking include creativity, flexibility at work, confidence and strong performance in culturally diverse settings, plus strong communications skills with the media and decision-makers, including funders and elected officials at all levels of government.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in positions with similar responsibilities is required, as well as university-level studies in the field of social sciences and/or related fields connected with social development.
This position works closely with the Executive Director
Starting date: April 24th, 2017
Salary range: $55,000 - $58,000 negotiable according to experience and qualification
Benefits plan upon successful completion of probation period
Work hours: 40 hours / week, very flexible (evenings, weekends)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should e-mail their letter of interest and resume by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) April 5th, 2017 to:
La Passerelle-I.D.É. subscribes to the principles of equity in its hiring processes. Please contact us if you require accommodation.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. La Passerelle-I.D.É. will not be able to take telephone inquiries related to this job posting.