ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 20,000 job seekers are served annually at five locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Toronto.
Workplace communications in the Canadian context is offered by ACCES within all of our programs. ACCES offers enhanced English language training to internationally trained individuals and newcomers to Canada in our Language for Workplace Connections™ program, which helps participants to develop their workplace communication skills in the following areas: the art of making small talk, working in a team, understanding cultural differences, and how to build relationships with colleagues and supervisors. Participants also learn how to write appropriate business correspondence, build powerful presentations, and learn how to communicate effectively over the telephone.
The position of Program Manager, Language Training Services is an exceptional career opportunity for a strong leader with extensive experience in English language training, combined with exceptional program/project management, administrative and marketing skills. This hands-on position, works closely with other managers and language teachers to ensure overall effective program delivery including planning, scheduling, outreach, enrollment, evaluation, reporting and administration. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position reporting to the Vice President, Services and Organizational Development and works primarily from the ACCES Toronto and Scarborough offices.
- All aspects of the Language for Workplace Connections™ program, including consolidation, development, delivery and evaluation of program, and ensuring program compliance with funder guidelines and targets
- Working closely with ACCES staff and partner organizations, manage the development and delivery of program components to ensure a high quality of program delivery and that all client needs are met including: community outreach, intake, curriculum development and delivery, program evaluation, assessments, collection and maintenance of statistics, contracts with suppliers, teachers, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of program delivery, including integration with other ACCES programs/services, arranging guest speakers, etc.
- Oversee daily program administration, including maintaining client and program files, data entered into iCARE and HARTS, preparation of regular reports and statistics as required, including file audits
- Provide language training support and expertise, with a special focus on Canadian Workplace communications, in key areas including: the hiring of language teachers, and language resource/curriculum development, for the organization
- Other duties as assigned by management
An organized and driven self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Certified TESL Ontario instructor (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment (CLBA)
- Completion of a university degree in a related field
• Two to Three years’ experience in progressively senior roles in program/project management, preferably in a language training program
- Five or more years of experience in teaching English as a second language
- Five years of experience in Human Services and/or the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with a diverse community
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- An expert ability to consider, manage and attend to details
- Strong ability to maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff and external partners
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to both lead teams and work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of MS Office software and databases
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive and personal information
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours, according to program delivery requirements
- Ability to travel between program delivery locations in Toronto and Scarborough
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter and a copy of their TESL Ontario Certificate (or equivalent).
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume by Friday, February 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Human Resources – Hiring Committee
(Please note, we will be reviewing resumes as we receive them)
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.