ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 25,000+ job seekers are served annually at five locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Toronto.
ACCES is looking for skilled and career-oriented people who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a results-oriented team player with demonstrated IT knowledge, excellent communications, interpersonal and strong organizational skills in a very dynamic, not-for-profit organization. Reporting to the Director, IT, this position is responsible for the implementation; maintenance and support of all servers (both physical and virtual), appliances and data centre components, ensuring the network and systems are backed up. Also oversees network security and remote access technologies including VPN, Active Sync and network firewalls/security appliances. This position also supports general Microsoft applications, such as SQL, CRM, and SharePoint. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
- Plan, setup, configure, and maintain workstations and local area network (LAN)
- Administer core systems and components such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, e-mail archiving, anti-virus/anti-spam, telephony, web and file/print services
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to PC lap tops networking components and/or equipment
- Troubleshoot any technical issues as needed
- Identify the causes of networking problems, resolve and correct the issue with the best solutions
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches
- Responsible for backing up network data and disaster recovery
- Create and/or update technical documentation for network installations and configuration
- Monitor industry websites or publications for information about patches, release, viruses, or potential problem identification
- Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs
- Provide staff with support and trouble shooting
An organized self-starter with education and experience in the following areas:
- Post-secondary education in the related field
- Minimum 3 years’ related work experience
- Program or project experience in the IT sector
- Experience implementing system networks, installation and maintenance of network, hardware and software
- Demonstrated experience as a professional who is results oriented, customer focused, team player, adaptable, innovative, takes initiative, is an open and effective communicator and values diversity
- Good English verbal and written communication skills; effective in probing to effectively execute diagnostics and resolve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and service providers
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle the privacy and use sound judgment in protecting its confidential and sensitive nature
- Strong organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Previous experience working in the not for profit sector and working with a diverse community is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations or as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.