The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. Its membership is comprised of over 220 community based organizations in Ontario.
OCASI is looking for an exceptional technology leader to align the business and technology strategy by providing the vision and leadership to design and implement Information Technology initiatives that meet the needs of the immigrant and refugee sector.
The Manager, Technology& New Media is responsible for leading and coordinating the development and maintenance of the organization’s IT Systems to ensure programs and processes are supported to enable growth and flexibility. The Manager is also accountable for implementing and maintaining the organization’s information security framework, ensuring data integrity, confidentiality and availability of information as well as creating controls on how data is processed by the organization according to all government regulations.
The person hired must understand the use of technology as a critical enabling force throughout the organization. The Manager is the driving force behind the establishment and implementation of system policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations that safeguard information resources across the organizations. The Manager reports to the Associate Executive Director.
OCASI’s IT projects include e-learning initiatives, over 20 websites, internal organizational databases/frameworks and a customized client management system. Success in this position depends on the ability to think strategically while managing multiple IT projects that require high attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and have the ability to work effectively with a variety of staff.
Individual will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement information technology strategies, policies and procedures by identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all infrastructure systems which includes the network, data, hardware, services and security.
- Ensures that all technology solutions are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Liaise with funders and external partners and manage relationships with vendors.
- Source and coordinate the sourcing of external funding revenues to manage program delivery; as a corollary, writing proposals and completing documentation to source out such funding.
- Manage and develop high caliber IT and content staff by providing guidance and direction; ensures clear work plans and accountabilities.
- Prepare and monitor all project/program/unit budgets; Report to discrepancies and variances as required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience working as Manager of Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience
- Broad understanding of both management and technical problems and solutions with ability to implement most advanced solutions
- Thorough and broad knowledge in area of expertise, from underlying principles to highest level of implementation and ability to apply those skills
- Comprehensive information technology and management skills
- Knowledge of security standards, security architectures, risk assessment and management, business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and delegating
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong skills in verbal and written communication
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated commitment to customer support are critical
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Experience managing budgets and staff
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical individuals both verbally and in writing
- Commitment to OCASI’s values of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter indicating the position applied for in the subject line of the email to:
The Hiring Committee
Note that review of applications will begin March 21, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity
Thank you to all applicants for applying and regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.