The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 220 community-based organizations in Ontario
Settlement AtWork (http://settlementatwork.org/) and SecteurEtablissement http://www.secteuretablissement.org/ are the Knowledge Hubs for the Settlement Sector in Ontario. The sites consistently highlight new and innovative information and resources to help settlement workers and managers work more effectively.
The Bilingual Coordinator, Online Professional Development is responsible for the overall content development of SecteurEtablissement and Settlement AtWork websites, including vision, breadth of coverage, quality, accuracy and partnership development. The Coordinator works closely with the Settlement.org / Etablissement.Org and the Capacity team members to ensure the ongoing growth and development of the web sites.
- Maintain updated knowledge base of issues related to all aspects of the newcomer settlement process.
- Work with groups of agencies or related stakeholders to identify areas of potential collaboration and sharing of resources and information.
- Model the integration of online communications technologies in OCASI and sector professional trainings
- Support the development of sector interaction by providing links to best practices and sharing of information
- Conduct in-person presentations to agency staff to promote the websites and train users on how to use the features of the websites.
- Develop and implement an outreach and promotion strategy that strengthens relationships with and amongst organizations
- Promoting both website to their respective target groups.
- Facilitate various online educational projects on the Internet, including development and maintenance of online conferences, mailing lists, web sites, and resources that help facilitate settlement and integration of newcomers
- Finding and posting relevant content, including sector news, jobs, events, RFPs, relevant research and resources in both websites
- Make recommendations for technical and design site improvements;
- Provide editorial and writing support to staff for internal and external communication;
- Coordinate all aspects of the project: write reports, prepare documentation to secure project funding, draft contracts with consultants and contractors; liaise with community stakeholders
- Excellent French and English written and verbal communication skills including strong editorial skills, especially within an online context
- 3-5 years of experience as a coordinator working in a non-profit or community-based agency
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree (e.g. social science, social work, community development, immigration & settlement studies)
- Experience in web content management; experience with writing content in HTML (using software like Dreamweaver); familiarity with web-based content applications
- Knowledge and understanding of immigrant and refugee sector issues and information needs
- A solid knowledge and understanding of issues facing French-speaking immigrants and refugees and the agencies that serve them is a definite asset
- Experience working in a newcomer direct service information and referral environment, preferably in the area of settlement is an asset
- Experience in program coordination, including program planning, developing work plans, priority setting, keeping track of expenses, writing reports to funders, and evaluation
- Research skills and the ability to analyze, organize, and share large amounts of information is an asset
- Connections with the Francophone non-profit sector is an asset
- Ability to work independently is important
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with partners, users, and internal teams
- Ability and willingness to travel across Ontario if necessary
This is a full-time position.
Compensation: $47,000 / year plus benefits package
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume by July 5, 2017 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.